Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Too Old for Cartoon Series? :'(


First of all, ask yourself, gadgets and television, which one do you spend more time on? I think obviously its gadgets right? Now, if you're around my age, let's think back when we were about the age of 7 where we still haven't own any gadget yet, what did we do most of the time and it could totally make our day? TELEVISION! Okay, talk about childhood, whenever I turned the TV on, every single programme that I watched would most probably be cartoon series. For me, I think that cartoon series was just like a "can't be happy without" thing that accompanied me through my growing process. 

Disney channel and Cartoon Network channel were just like my dreamlands. I remember that my favourite cartoon series at that time were Totally Spies, Martin Mystery, Kim Possible and many more.
Well, I'll just pick one and talk about it, the 'Totally Spies'.

I remember whenever I watched this series, my cousin who lived with me would be watching together with me too. We would start to argue with each other just to choose the character we liked the most. In the 'Totally Spies', we both liked Sam (the one wearing green in the picture), and I guess you know why. Yes, its because she had long hair and considered as the prettiest among the 3 girl spies. And I guess this also happened to you before, arguing with each other just to own the character we all like. Well, for me and my cousin, it would be something like "You will be Clover (the red one), and I will be Sam (the green one)!". How about the Yellow one? If there was a third person watching with us, she would be the one. *laughs*


As I start to grow older, my dad actually cancelled all the cartoon programmes from our Astro TV package. Yes, its ALL. He said I was too old for watching cartoon. He even asked me to watch more news channels, i hate this part! Come on man, who says that growing teenagers should not watch cartoon no more. Well, I remember when he excluded the cartoon programmes from the TV package, I didn't get to say much, maybe I was too young at that time, and you know right? My dad was the one who paid for it. 


Basically, I've always followed what my parents watch, they just love Hong Kong Drama Series. The 2 pictures above show a drama action series "Forensic Heroes". Because of the demand of the drama series, it was being produced continuously (with part 1, part 2 till part 3). I had watched the part 1 of this drama at about the age 11, part 2 at the age of 13 I guess? And the latest, part 3 of the "Forensic Heroes" was released mid of this year. Comparing from the part 1 till part 3, I could spot the different themes of each and every part. I remember part 1's storyline was quite predictable throughout, but at that year when it was released, it was considered good already. But when I tried to watch back now, I will be like "What? So that's the ending?" And all those funny scenes where we laughed out loud at the past, now probably we wouldn't even feel they were funny anymore, lame instead. Until this year when I watched the part 3, everything I watched was mostly related to technology development. Compare to the 1st series / part 1, where everything was like "someone been killed, then the police investigate it, forensic doctors found proof on the dead body, finally case solved, then the 3rd series, everything changed, they used a lot of technology in the drama, cases could never be solved so easily anymore. It was much more complicated compare to the part 1, it was like cases had to be solved by using technology and of course, the storyline would not be so predictable anymore, but still some are.


Well, its funny when you compare the differences of western film with mandarin film, I can conclude that I love western film more because its storyline mostly will not be as predictable as mandarin's. I believe that you sure know about the "Walking Dead" right? How can you don't know man? If you're a fan of it, HIGH FIVE. I could really turn crazy and excited whenever I know there's new season coming out soon. This series usually showed continuously hour by hour during nighttime till midnight. I could sit back, relax and watch this whole night long, without resting man. I'd always try to portray myself as the character in it, especially Shane. If you had watched, there was this part when Shane and Otis went to the hospital (of course, full of zombies) just to get some medicine, he had to killed his companion, Otis so that the zombies could stop there and ate him, and to enable him to escape from the hospital. I'd always try to imagine, if I was Shane, would I do the same? Forced to kill my own friend just to save my own life? Well, I think I would not even dare to visit the hospital full of zombies.


There are too many films or drama series that I've watched throughout the years, but sometimes I really miss watching cartoon series. They're just like my companions that accompanied me to grow up from a child to a teen. And sometimes when I watched back cartoon, I still could burst into laughter although they are not funny sometimes. Just miss those moments. Remember, we're never too old for watching cartoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment